Dr. Ritwick Raj Bhuyan
Originating from the Eastern parts of India Assam, Dr. Ritwick Raj Bhuyan had a dream of making it to the top in Cardiac Surgery for Expanding the awareness of Heart Care, from a very young age. Dr. Ritwick Raj Bhuyan is a best cardiac surgeon in Delhi and highly recognized not only in Indian Sub-Continent but also in Australia and Central Asia. Well known for the pioneering quality of Heart care at very reasonable cost.
Having more than 15 years of rich experience in the field of Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgeries and high volume cardiac thoracic centers in India & Australia. His skills include preoperative, operative and postoperative management of adult and pediatric cardiac and thoracic patients with extensive hands-on operating experience. He has the expertise and experience to treat the most complex and challenging cases including mechanical assist Initiated techniques and leading-edge technologies to care for heart ailments.
Higher training in Royal Adelaide Hospital, (Australia)
Dr. Ritwick Raj Bhuyan has assisted and performed all types of open-heart surgeries in the D’Arcy Sutherland Cardiothoracic Surgical Unit at Royal Adelaide Hospital, Australia.
Royal Adelaide Hospital – Most prestigious heart surgery hospital in Australia – one of the first hospital in the world in pioneering the Open Heart Surgical Program in 1967.
RAH provides a specific range of tertiary referral services to the people of South Australia and the nearby states and territories. RAH also is one of the largest training ground for Minimal Invasive Cardiac Surgery & Endoscopic Heart Surgery.
Dr. Ritwick Raj Bhuyan underwent training with Mr James RM Edwards, who is an international Proctor for Minimal Invasive Cardiac Surgery in Wakefield hospital in Adelaide. Australia
Central Asia & Middle Eastern Countries
Dr. Ritwick Raj Bhuyan has been involved in performing all types of heart surgeries in central Asia & few eastern countries. Uzbekistan is one of the County where Doctor Ritwick has been actively involved in performing open heart surgeries.
Dr. Ritwick regular visiting in Max Clinics at Tashkent city (Capital of Uzbekistan), & Dushanbe in Cardiac OPD in Uzbekistan.
He also visits Iraq for consultations and surgeries. Patients from Iraq and many countries in Central Asia & Middle East come especially to India for a specialized opinion from Dr Ritwick Raj Bhuyan.
Dr. Ritwick Raj Bhuyan assisted in more than 15,000 Cardiac Vascular and thoracic surgeries in the span of 15 years and independently handled 3,500 Open Heart Surgeries. He has a particular interest in minimally invasive techniques and has extensive experience in treating thoracic surgical conditions using video-assisted thoracoscopic surgical (VATS), laparoscopic, robotic, endoscopic approaches. He is specialised in Video-Assisted Key-Hole Mitral Surgery.
- Senior Fellow, Adult Cardiac Surgery, Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
- Senior Fellow, Adult Cardiac Surgery, Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Wakefield Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
- Senior Consultant & Incharge; CTVS, Max Hospital
- Senior Registrar CTVS, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Registrar Cardiac Surgery, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- CTVS at Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, Kerala
Education & Interest
Dr. Ritwick Raj Bhuyan, Specialty Interest
- Complex aortic aneurysm surgery
- Minimally Invasive cardiac surgery
- Beating heart bypass surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Endovascular procedures
- Coronary Artery Bypass for diffuse disease
- Mitral valve repair
- Developing innovation for low cost cardiac surgical practice for developing countries
- Endoscopic Procedure
- Left Ventricular Assist Devices
- Sutureless Aortic Valve
- Heart & Lung Transplantation
Education and Training
- M.Ch. in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, Kerala
- M.S. in General Surgery from Dibrugarh University, Assam
- M.B.B.S. from University of Guwahati, Assam
- Society Of Thoracic Surgeons, USA
- International Society for minimally invasive cardiac surgery (ISMICS)
- Australia New Zealand Association of cardiovascular and thoracic surgeons
- Indian Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular surgeons
Teaching experience of DNB Cardiac surgery postgraduates, final year medical students in General surgery, cardiac nursing students and perfusion technology students.