- Associate Director and In-charge – CTVS, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Patparganj
- Consultant, CTVS at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Senior Registrar, Cardiac Surgery at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Consultant, CTVS at Max Hospital, Saket
- Registrar, CTVS at Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, Kerala
- Senior Fellow, Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Adult Cardiac Surgery at Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
- M.B.B.S. from University of Guwahati, Assam.
- M.S. in General Surgery from Dibrugarh University, Assam.
- M. Ch. (Magister Chirurgiae) in Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, Kerala
- Complex aortic aneurysm surgery
- Minimally Invasive cardiac surgery
- Beating heart bypass surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Endovascular procedures
- Coronary Artery Bypass for diffuse disease
- Mitral valve repair
- Developing innovation for low cost cardiac surgical practice for developing countries
- Endoscopic Procedure
- Left Venticular Assist Devices
- Sutureless Aortic Valve
- Heart & Lung Transplantation
- Thoracic Surgeons (Indian Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons)
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons USA International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Australia New Zealand Association of Cardiovascular
Teaching experience of DNB Cardiac surgery postgraduates, final year medical students in General surgery, cardiac nursing students and perfusion technology students.
Mon: 12:00 pm – 04:00 pm
Tue: 12:00 pm – 04:00 pm
Wed: 12:00 pm – 04:00 pm
Thu: 12:00 pm – 04:00 pm
Fri: 12:00 pm – 04:00 pm
Sat: 12:00 pm – 04:00 pm
Cardiac Surgery is the branch of surgery that deals with the prevention, study, and treatment of diseases of the heart, pericardium and great vessels. Its scope is – congenital and acquired abnormalities of the heart, pericardium and great vessels.
Affections of the systemic venous system. – Heart transplantation. – Procedures and precise techniques for carrying out its activity (perfusion, circulatory assistance, blood conservation, etc.). – Pre, per, and postoperative study, preparation, and treatment of patients in their field of action. – Application of the techniques of the speciality in the context of performance of other medical specialities.
Although cardiac surgery is a young speciality, it has evolved a lot throughout history. In recent years the use of minimally invasive techniques in all medical procedures is increasing.
Cardiac surgery was not going to be less, highlighting the development of valvular prostheses that are implanted without extracorporeal circulation, such as transapical aortic surgery.